Lipstick is the perfect way to finish off any great makeup job. The right kind of lipstick can create a sophisticated, sexy look in a way that neither lip balm nor lip gloss can.
Choosing a Lip Stick
A girl should generally try to pick a lipstick that is only two or three shades darker than her natural lip colour. If you have very light skin, try to stick to sheer and warm pinks. If you have a medium complexion, try to stick to light reds or dark pinks. If you have a dark complexion, the sky is the limit! You can wear anything from light pink to dark red and still look fabulous!
Applying Lip Stick
For a good general rule, always try to apply lipstick while looking in a mirror. Trying to apply lipstick without a mirror will usually result in a big, gooey mess. While looking in a mirror, line the lips with a lip liner first if desired. Then start by applying the lipstick on the upper lips and working your way down paying close attention to not get any lipstick on the skin or the teeth. After you’re done, blot lipstick with tissue to apply excess lipstick.
- Apply bold red lipstick to liven up a drab smile. Your teeth will look a lot whiter as a result of this!
- Apply lip balm below your lipstick to prevent dryness.
- Put on your lip gloss after applying your lipstick if you want a shimmering appearance. You’ll get the ideal balance of matte color and gloss with this!
- Apply concealer to the lips’ outside edge before applying lipstick to make it linger longer. Your lipstick will remain in place longer if you do this.
- For special occasions, experiment with your lipstick! Don’t be afraid of deep reds or purples! Just make sure and combine the dark lipstick with light eyes and subtle blush. Dark lips combined with dark eyes or face is just too much. By combining your lipstick with the right kind of face makeup you will make sure that the focus stays on the lips!