Lip liner can make your lips look instantly bigger, fuller, and shapelier. It can serve as the perfect final touch for lipstick. It can also give the lips more definition and perfect the shape of your lips in a way no other makeup product can.
Picking out the right shade of lip liner is critical to ensure that you will get the best look possible. Try to choose a shade that matches well with your natural lip shade. If you must go a little darker then choose one that is only a couple of shades darker than your lip color. Too dark of colors will make your lips unnatural and will appear as if you are trying too hard.
The proper application techniques are also critical to ensure that you get the best look possible.
Follow the simple application steps below to ensure that you get optimal results:
- Lipstick and lip liner should be the very last thing that you apply, so do all other makeup first.
- Prep the lips for lip liner by applying lip balm. This will ensure that the lip liner goes on smooth.
- Draw a slight line along the outer edge of the lips.
- Make sure that the lip liner is only about one shade darker than your lipstick. Anything darker will look very unnatural and will really stand out.
- Apply lipstick when you are satisfied with the way that your lip liner looks.
- Blot lips to remove any excess color.
Lip Liner Tips
- Chill the lip liner in the fridge for a few minutes before you sharpen it. This will make the process a lot easier and less messy.
- Use a very light lip liner and pink gloss instead of lipstick to give the lips a fresh, young look.
- Don’t wear lip liner before the age of 18.
- Experiment with your lip liner! As long as you don’t go too drastic, anything goes!
- At night, take lip liner off with makeup remover or petroleum jelly. Just simply washing your face will not get all the liner off, leaving you with very dry, chapped lips when you wake up in the morning.
- Even though it is fun to experiment, don’t choose tones that are more than 3 shades darker than your own skin tone.