Lip gloss is perfect for anyone who wants a clean, fresh look without going overboard. Lip gloss can give you a shimmery, pretty, young look that just plain lipstick cannot. Lip gloss is great because it is cheap, easy to use and you can take it anywhere. For any girl who wants lip color on the go, then lip gloss may just be your answer.
Choosing a Lip Gloss
Because the majority of lip glosses are very sheer and translucent, there really is no such thing as the wrong lip gloss color. Lip glosses come in all different colors and shades to meet any girl’s wants and needs. Even though you generally can’t go wrong with lip gloss, there are a few rules that you should be aware of. If you have very fair skin, try to stay away from the very deep reds and purples. Try more subtle tones such as peach, warm pink, and clear. If you have a medium skin tone, try to stay with warmer colors such as medium pink and light red. You are really lucky if you have a dark complexion since any hue will look gorgeous on you!
Applying Lip Gloss
After you have the shade of lip gloss you like picked out, it is now time to pick the type of lip gloss that you like. Lip gloss comes in tubes, sticks, palettes, and jars. Probably the easiest lip gloss to apply and take with you everywhere is the kind that comes in a tube and provides you with an application stick. Avoid applying lip gloss with your finger as much as possible. This is a surefire method of spreading germs and pathogens.
Lip Gloss Tips
- Stick to very sheer, youthful lip glosses like clear and warm pink for events like church and school, especially if you’re a teenager.
- Apply dark red lipstick with audacity for a dressier look!
- Apply a light lipstick color, followed by a lip gloss in a complementary color, for a matte finish. You’ll get the ideal balance of matte color and gloss from it.
- Experiment with lip glosses! Since they are so cheap, buy all sorts of brands and colors to find the one that makes you look your best!
- Since lip gloss can be very drying to the lips, try wearing just lip balm once or twice a week instead of lip gloss to help restore moisture to the lips.