Concealers are primarily used to hide flaws on the skin without using an all-over foundation. If the right concealer is used, the result can be a beautiful, flawless, and natural look.
Choosing a Concealer
You will want to pick a concealer that is about one shade lighter than your natural skin colour. To make sure that the colour you are buying is correct, try to test them out right at the store. The best scenario is to try the concealer directly on your face when shopping without any makeup. If you would rather not leave the house barefaced, you may just test the concealer on the inside of your arm. Additionally, you should pick a concealer with yellow undertones. You’ll look the most natural if you do it.
Concealer is so versatile that you can apply concealer anywhere you need it. It can help cover dark circles, age spots, blemishes, large pores, and off-colour areas. It is best to pick a concealer that has a wand; this will ensure accuracy when applying the concealer. Take the wand and sufficiently cover all areas of concern. Next, blend well with your fingers or a sponge. Make sure to cover the concealer with powder or it will rub off by mid-day.
- Apply concealer under the eyes at all times, even if you don’t have any blemishes or other flaws. It will help your eyes to look brighter and make your face appear more vibrant.
- Use liquid concealer for dry skin.
- For acne, scars, and bruising, use a sturdy concealer.
- Use a concealer with yellow undertones to hide dark circles. It will give you the most natural finish possible.
- Use a concealer with blue or green undertones to conceal a ruddy skin tone.